Thursday, May 21, 2009

Just Getting Started . . .

Just getting started and stumbling around, trusting that I'll get better at this as time goes along.

The deal is, I stumbled (I do a good bit of that) onto the link to John's blog on LiveJournal where he posted this thought: "i don't recall ever going to the park with anyone from my family. like, ever," and I knew I had to get started at this dream I've had for so long of posting my children's childhood pictures and sharing my memories of them way back then. I hope that each of them will also feel free to share their memories and comments as we go along.

It was at least 20 years ago that the title I chose for this blog, Twelve Jewels in My Crown, first came to my mind as I reflected on how blessed I have been to receive twelve beautiful, healthy babies into my life. Ever since then I've envisioned creating a book of pictures and written memories for each of my children and all of them as a crowd. I've known for a long while, now, that using the "new-age" tools of the web would be one way to put it up and out there where it could be shared as it happened, but I've been hestitating--so used to the old-fashioned hard-copy, between-two-covers kind of publishing process.

So, anyway, here goes my effort to just leap off the edge into this new form of publishing and learn as I go. Welcome to one of the most precious stories I will ever be privileged to share. While it is true that our family's life has been one laced through with great sorrow, none of that sorrow has originated with any of these babes of mine. Though the years between the day each of them was born and today have held many challenges to our connection to each other, I still remember each of them as precious, one-of-a-kind individuals that delighted my heart and blessed me with their coming into my life. It is my hope and prayer and intent that maybe this blog will help to overcome those challenges and reestablish the connections between all of us.

In my next entry, I will demonstrate the edge of my learning curve for this new techology, by posting a picture of the last time all twelve "kids" posed for the camera at the same time. When you see it, you will know that I have figured out how to scan a picture, transfer it to my computer, give it a name and upload it (is that the right term) to this website, I mean blog, I mean, . . . hmm. I'm hoping you all know what I mean.

Hmm. Just for fun, I'm going to go find a picture I've already got scanned in (my friend helped me when she came to visit a few months ago as a practice run--which I immediately forgot, thanks to my NATRD [New Age Techology Retention Disorder.]) . . .



















Me! At 4 months, . . . yes I was once REALLY cute!

I thought this was a pretty logical place to start posting pictures of REALLY CUTE babies! What'd ya think?

Til next time . . . Mom.

2 comments:

Harrison Happenings said...

Wow it looks wonderful. Keep up the work

sostinkinhappy said...

Love that picture of you chewing on your hand! Keep 'em coming.

lovem

M.